The Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris was born after a number of families began to pray for a new Bible-teaching church in their community. With help from First Evangelical Free Church in Rockford, services were held in 1956. Two years later, they obtained the building at the corner of Front & Seminary, which had originally belonged to the Church of the Brethren.
Now more than sixty years after our founding, we are still committed to gospel-centered ministry that is founded on the Scriptures. We strive to be a community of believers who show our faith by our love for one another, while seeking to bring more and more people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.